View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #63 (permalink)
stulagu
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale64 View Post
Most of the old books of the bible are stories from the cultures before the creation of the bible. They wanted to include those stories that they could not dispute. The great flood is just one of those stories. It appears in many cultures hundreds of years before before the bible and in several different cultures. Eve and the serpent was created to dispel a myth that a local culture who worshiped a serpent god was correct.

I wish the chrisitans to look really hard at the books so that they can see just how out of date they really are. Keeping the old laws of stoning and whatnot that speak of cruelty towards all others might open their eyes to the major flaws in their thinking. Logical arguments with them garner me no ground.

I would love for a catholic to admit where the church money came from in the first place. The pope was in charge of running several brothels and often the popes died of STDs.
That is the OT not NT...I think most Christians realize the Moses did not personally write the first 5 books of the Bible. I don't think the stories were written as a politcal agenda, though...

the Catholics are quickly losing ground, especially since some of their own are turning away from their strict beliefs...a group of nuns was just disbanded and a man was put in charge of them because they were too liberal, we'll start to see their obvious contradictions come to light more and more.

And the church got their money from taking land and espionage, they didn't get rich off of brothels.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote