View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
LilMissF-U-UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
Not many people are happy that they "have" to work, but being able to provide for oneself, living your own life and being productive lends itself to a general sense of pride.
I agree. He seems extremely proud that his mother was able to escape her circumstances and become able to support herself. If he accomplished the same, he might be able to let go of some of the guilt that's haunting him. (It's odd that he feels so much pain over her upbringing but not his own.)

I came back online to vent about part two of this episode, but I see that McNally already posted that he can see why he's not so loveable anymore. No point in fussing at/about someone when they already acknowledged they were wrong.

What I do have to say is that I'm at 51:50 of part two and I am sooo impressed at how Keith is handling McNally with such a level head. He's not getting sucked into the yelling and baiting- you can tell he's truly concerned for his friend and truly wants to help. As eye-opening an episode this was regarding McNally, I'm seeing an interesting side of Keith as well. Not that the compassion and sensitivity weren't already there. Maybe it's just that without Chemda, he was forced to be the voice of reason?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote