View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Greg In Oakland

New KATG Format: All anti-religion all the time?

I am finding it exhausting that Keith has turned the show into his bullhorn for voicing is hatred for religion, more specifically Christianity. It seems that at least half the discussions on the show are specifically targeting how people who are Christian are not good people and/or stupid. I appreciated Chemda's attempt to present an alternative opinion (from an atheist's viewpoint) than Keith's, but her opinion is always easily muted by Keith's rants.

My issue is that I believe Keith is basing his opinion on his understanding of Catholicism and not Christianity and the many various denominations of the faith who are accepting of gays, Muslims, etc. and base our beliefs on the direct teachings of Jesus. Keith has a very narrow cast image of the majority of Christians and is essentially incorrect in his understanding of our beliefs and the way we live.

I know that the audience of the show skews towards atheism, which is fine, but I am curious to know who else in the listening audience is starting to feel disenfranchised by being called stupid and evil on a regular basis.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote