View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Greg In Oakland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoFan_Mike View Post
Greg, the difficulty you face is that the 'majority' of Christians are not accepting of gays, are not accepting of Muslims (are not accepting of any religion that does not believe that belief in Jesus Christ is a persons only way to salvation), are not accepting of marriage equality, do not believe in global warming, do not believe in evolution, etc.

And; unfortunately, Christian leaders (and leaders in our government who are Christians) have proselytized such unbelievable nonsense that it is hard to look at the Christian faith without using the words “...stupid and evil on a regular basis...”

There are thousands more but here is a recent example:

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell' - Yahoo! News

This is (unfortunately) the majority of Christians in America. This is (unfortunately) what you get when you believe in 'Adam and Eve' not 'Adam and Steve'. This is (unfortunately) what you get when when Christians tell people that they are less of a person – or their lives are incomplete – unless they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This is (unfortunately) what you get when you take science out of the classroom and replace it with 'the earth is only 5000 years old' and evolution is “lies straight from the pit of hell meant to convince people that they do not need a savior.”

This is (unfortunately) what you have to deal with when you believe in ghosts.
I don't think it's 'Majority'. At least not on a world view, maybe in the Southern United States. I think it's more 'squeaky wheel gets the grease. And I admit that religious groups and some politicians are given religion a black eye by wasting time on pointless, even hateful issues. And even if it's an out right majority, my issue is that Keith states 'all' religious people are bad and/or evil. Which in the case of myself, and the hundreds of people of the two churches I have attended in my life, is not true.

Also, my issue is not who is right and who is wrong, and should time be given to point out a group's hypocrisy. My issue is, why so much? Why every episode? Is this what we should expect for the rest of this show's tenure? Has the format of the show permanently changed?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote