View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Greg In Oakland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Calling bullshit. We have a special brand of christian fundamentalism, but extremism is absolutely a national problem. Passin' the buck ain't gon' help your case.

Faith isn't intrinsically a bad thing, but it is absolutely being used to exploit the faithful and further agendas that have nothing to do with the spirit of Jesus Christ's teachings. It's about power. Religion has historically and notoriously been about power. Take Arizona's 'Women's Health and Safety Act' for example or the Missouri 'Right to Pray' Amendment or, yes, South Carolina's mandatory transvaginal probings.

It is absolutely crazy go nuts being done in your name. Y'all are responsible for calling out the dickholes who are going around waving their Bibles for ill. It isn't being done. Makes y'all look a little like douches. Don't like it? Fix it.
There's nothing in your post that I disagree with. But the point I'm trying to discuss on this forumn topic is whether or not the majority of the audience would be satisfied with a continous oversaturation of religious discussion on the show. Am I the only one bored by it? Granted, my boredom stems from being tired of being the subject of attack.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote