View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Earl Dukes

The only reason Keith brings this shit up so often is because there are so many stories and incidents in the news where these religious people do disgusting, retarded things. If it's not the prevalence of these things in people's daily lives and in the news, then it's the listeners that pick up on Keith's tendencies and send in their responses. I'm not calling you out, but any time Keith says anything about religion or otherwise, he's going to get responses, and he's probably going to voice his reaction to those responses on the next episode, and it's probably going to get drawn out over several episodes.

The point isn't that "religious" people are evil. The point is that there are a lot of things in these holy texts that are hateful and discriminatory, and whether you believe these things or not, you adhere to that religion and are associating yourself with the hate. Some people are able to stand outside of those ideologies and take religion on a more personal level, removed from predetermined doctrine. Like if some goofball back in the day can write all his experiences down and have it be called the truth, why can't we rewrite our own present, y'know? Why are the ideas being developed right now any less relevant than those of people thousands of years ago? I agree with Sparrow when she says "fix it". If you feel like there are people out there giving your religion a bad name, then you have to get up and let your voice be heard even louder. You have to take a stand for what is true to you. The problem is, most people are unable to discover their own truth, so they put their faith and their life into the hands of thousands year old doctrine that has no relevance to the world or their lives in this moment. If God hates fags, then God must hate fags. These are "good Christians" according to Keith. He's not calling all other Christians "bad Christians". He's calling them bad Christians according to what the Bible teaches. If you're Christian and you are not against gay marriage, then, according to the Bible, which states that homosexuality is wrong, you are a bad Christian. Anyone who places their self worth and passion into words and truths that aren't their own can't be good people, because a good person accepts every other person as an equal, regardless of race, creed, or the people they choose to love. Good people can't be "good Christians" in this way. Christians can be good people, but Christians that are by and for the Book are what one would call "good Christians" and these people can not be good people. Christians that are good people can not be considered "good Christians" because they don't adhere to what is in that Book. This shit isn't as confusing as people are making it.

If it's only in the South (which it's not), then why don't you Yankee bastards get off your ass and show us what you're all about? Spread some truths, man. (I don't think yankees are bastards, nor do I think they are yankees. It's just an aggressive expression type deal ).

Since you keep reiterating that your point isn't whether Keith is right or wrong but about how he keeps bringing it up, then I gotta jump back real quick to one of my points before you forget it was up there, lol. Listeners keep bringing it up. America keeps bringing it up. Politicians keep bringing it. God keeps bringing it up through his people. Keith is just responding, and his opinion on religion just happens to spark more interest than his opinion of his butt hole or his poop. Keith talks about his poop a lot, too. Hell, he talks about Tom Cotter a whole fuckin lot, too, but it's funny when he does that, so nobody gets riled up.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote