View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Earl Dukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
it's how i feel when people talk about the South.
I hear ya there. There's even this stupid thing from state to state. People in Tallahassee think people from Georgia are all hicks. Then, people from Georgia think the same about people from Florida. I grew up thinking Florida was the worst hell possible, but it's really a great place. And EVERYBODY shits on Alabama, which really pisses me off, because that's where I spent my childhood, and it's no different there than anywhere else down here. Tallahassee and the panhandle are pretty much more Alabama and Georgia. The one saving grace is that everyone thinks Tennessee, where I was born, is sooooo beautiful. Thing is, that irritates me too because Tennessee is no better or worse than anywhere else. There's just a romantic stereotype about Nashville and country music and Memphis, but try to tell anyone about the Mississippi delta, and they don't get it. Jacksonville is an amazing city. Mobile is where Mardi Gras originated, but nobody gives a shit because New Orleans takes the cake. Birmingham is a great place. I dig Tuscaloosa as a college town much more than Tallahassee. Everyone sees Savannah as some kind of beach town, but it's really not. It's more like Charleston's baby sister. Fucking Atlanta! I was gonna save Atlanta for some point, but I forgot it. That's all I have to say about Atlanta, and that's what I'll conclude with. Fucking Atlanta! Wait, so everyone likes to exclude Atlanta from the picture of the South. They give you their "bunch of hicks," and before you can even say it, they jump in with, "yeah, and I know Atlanta, but Atlanta doesn't count." People from Florida get really arrogant sometimes, too. Ok, I'm done.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote