View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Earl Dukes

New KATG Format: All Tom Cotter all the time?

I am finding it exhausting that Keith has turned the show into his bullhorn for voicing is hatred for some comedians, more specifically Tom Cotter. It seems that at least half the discussions on the show are specifically targeting how Tom Cotter is not a good comedian and/or stupid. I appreciated Chemda's attempt to present an alternative opinion (from a comedienne's viewpoint) than Keith's, but her opinion is always easily muted by Keith's rants.

My issue is that I believe Keith is basing his opinion on his understanding of comedians and not comics and the many various denominations of comedians who are accepting of cartoon animals, lasagna, etc. and base their beliefs on the direct teachings of Garfield and Friends. Keith has a very narrow cast image of the majority of comedians and is essentially incorrect in his understanding of their beliefs and the way they live.

I know that the audience of the show skews towards things that cause laughter, which is fine, but I am curious to know who else in the listening audience is starting to feel disenfranchised by being called stupid and evil on a regular basis.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote