View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Greg In Oakland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
So, what denomination are you basing your opinions on? If you're both coming from different places, then you can't both be right in assuming one has a majority over the other. I'm saying that, according to you, Keith sees Catholicism as the majority, but you think he's speaking from a minority, which makes you the majority. Both can't be true. In reality, it's all coming from the same Bible. You can't tell me one denomination has a different Bible from the next, but for sure they interpret it differently. Thing is, the differences in opinion are either minimal or superficial. A Protestant isn't gonna be like, "Nuh-uh! The second and third commandments are backwards!" That shit is there and that's the shit that puts all Christians in the same box as long as they believe in the Bible. The differences aren't in moral issues, they are in material and wordly issues that have been twisted into moral issues like Mary, the Pope, rituals, and other meaningless things. At their core, they are alike.
The problem I have with Keith is that he makes a broad statement in saying that 'You can't be a good Christian and a good person'. This is complete bunk. I theorize that he bases is opinion on his upbringing as a Catholic, which has a dogma based on the bible being the absolute truth. I can attest that many sects of Christianity see the bible as a guideline and that Christ's word abolishes the laws of the Old Testament. Following Christ requires you to love God and love your neighbor. The rest is commentary.

But again, please answer my question. I am sincerely quizzical. Would you be ok with the content of the show being mostly anti-religious?

Last edited by Greg In Oakland; 10-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote