View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

What an incredible and compelling story. I loved Jess Wood's honesty and obvious healing and progression from such a fucked up childhood. It's really a testament to her strength as a person. It's important that a story like her's is told. It certainly helped me, in my own way. Also, Chemda doesn't shy away from keeping the pressure on a guest like Jess Wood. This is impressive, considering the subject matter. Definetly getting the book! IF anyone is reading this who is interested in addiction, two books that I've really enjoyed and learned from are: Drew Pinsky's 'Shattered' and Melissa Febos' "WHip Smart" In fact, I believe Melissa is in NYC and it would be really cool to hear her story on WMN, if possible. I think Chemda would really like her. She's got an incredible story of being a heroin addicted Dominatrix, but it's her writing and ability to tell that story, that is even more incredible. Anyway, loved this episode!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote