View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
mariahmwrites

Hey stulagu, thanks for listening. :-)

All I know is what happened to me, and I'm pretty sure they broke my water with their fingers. I did not see a knitting needle-esque instrument go into me. Though maybe they inserted the fingers first and then did the knitting needle? I admit, I wasn't watching.

I don't have strong feelings about placentas, but I do know that some women who've eaten them have had adverse health effects and that one of the functions of the placenta is to carry away fetus waste. If you ate yours and it helped you, AWESOME.

When I was first pushing, I couldn't feel it at ALL. I mean, I could vaguely tell that I was pushing, but I was pretty numb. I'd gone from about a centimeter and a half to 8-9 centimeters within a couple of hours and my contractions were becoming painful again, so I'd had an epidural "top off" which made me VERY numb. Which was awesome. I wasn't feeling the urge to push at all, though, the doctor just told me "it's pushing time." For the first hour or so, pushing wasn't painful at ALL, but then they lowered the epidural level and then the contractions were painful as FUCK (and they'd put me on pitocin so there was almost no break between contractions at this point, it was like one long contraction).

I did get "you've dropped" a lot. I couldn't tell the difference from up above, though. :-)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote