View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
mariahmwrites

One other thing I wanted to mention

I could seriously talk about adoption, pregnancy, and my experience for DAYS, but here is one detail that I felt it important to share...

I was told from day one by my adoption agency that I did NOT have to place my baby for adoption just because I was meeting with them. There was no pressure on me; my social worker didn't, say, get a commission if I placed my baby. She ONLY meets with birth moms, not with adoptive parents, so there are no impatient couples whispering in her ear. I could have gone the whole time saying and thinking I was going to place my baby, then decided at the last minute to parent him myself, and the adoption agency would have been absolutely fine with that. It happens from time to time; they understand.

I say this because, since one of my hopes with going on the show was to let other women who might go through this that they're not alone, I want people to know that you can meet with an adoption agency without actually making a decision right then. I obviously can only speak from my own experience and I have no idea how other agencies work. But I was given space the whole time to make whatever ended up being the right decision for me and my situation.

Just wanted to share!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote