Thread: 37: Gun Control
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Curt
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
what i dont understand about this whole situation is that if anyone tried to attack any other amendment in the constitution everyone would be pissed off. What if the government said free speech is your constitutional right, but u cant talk about certain things (ie anti government ideas). Or unlawful search and seizure is banned except for when the government feels its ok.

I know criminal always seem to use the 5th amendment to their benefit. what if the government started taking away those rights? I promise you the left would be all over the president if he started taking away the criminals rights.

They expect the people just to sit back and let them do what ever they want... taking away arguably the only right we have as the people to defend ourselves against the criminals and government.

Why do i need an "assault rifle"? So when the government decides to take anymore of my rights away, i wont be defenseless against them. In my honest opinion, i dont think any weapon the military carries should be illegal for citizens to own but i understand why they are banned. I honestly think the government should give the states the rights to decide what should be banned and what shouldn't be banned. Here in Texas, we seem to have our shit under control.

The problem with you argument is that you have to want to kill someone pretty bad to stab/choke/beat them to death. Killing with guns is so easy that it is a lazy way of murdering someone with a far better likelyhood of success.

"ME ANGRY, ME SHOOT, YOU DEAD"

It's just too easy. Why? Because guns have a single purpose, TO KILL, and they are very good at that.

FBI ? Table 20

Here you will find the FBI table 20 stats on murder in the US with guns being used on average 64% of the time. If those murders had to be carried out by other means it is very easy to argue that most of those people would not have died.

On the same day Sandy Hook took place a deranged man stabbed 20 in a Chinese school, everyone survived.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote