View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The title 'Dating with HIV' sounded intriguing, but as a straight male I wasn't sure I'd like this one. Immediately it became clear this WMN was going to be about a gay man, fashion, and his role on a reality show. These particular things don't interest me.

Then Chemda's guest Jack Mackenroth said, "They want you to take 500 pictures of your life just to be accepted on the show." Chemda says 'Really?' Then Jack says, "Yeah, I was like, do you want me to take pictures of my fucking socks? Oh. Can I swear on this show?" Lolz. Jack was charming, totally open, accessible, and best of all: informative. I was in.

His story is amazing and there is no one better to tell it. Chemda asked some great questions and I feel like anyone who enjoys blow-jobs, straight or gay, can benefit from this show.

Pretty heroic that a man who was clearly taken advantage of at a young age and was infected, is now spreading awareness and building a dating network for gay males w/ HIV with such candor and enthusiasm. Jack was a terrific guest, inspirational, and a great choice for WMN.

As a big KatG fan, I hope that other fans are taking advantage of their VIP access to this show. I equate it to the really good documentary movies in your Netflix cue. Sure a comedy or action flick would be entertaining. We all like to laugh and be entertained. With WMN though, you get that, PLUS, you get that kind of eye-opening, entertaining education that you can talk about with friends. It's the kind of show that spurs new dialogue and ideas.

We all know Chemda does really good radio. This spin-off takes it to the next level with the unique type of guests that she has on. Dig it!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote