View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
lalalemon
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I am so in love with this episode. The talk about gender and sexuality always fascinates me, and it's nice to hear some of my own thoughts expressed by people I really look up to.

As a fellow lover and follower of Dan savage I wish "monogamish" was a more widely known and accepted concept. It has worked wonders for my current relationship and I honestly don't think I'd still be in it if we hadn't come to that understanding. Hearing stories like Myq's makes me feel like I'm making the right decision when most of my friends are like 'Whahahappa? Youdowha? Okaythatllworkriiiiiight'

I also really understood Myq's comments about sometimes understanding himself as a lesbian. Fairly early in my relationship I told my bf more than once that he reminded me more of a lesbian than a straight man... given he was raised by a mother, 5 sisters, and a gay brother- but his femininity and emotional intelligence was so connected, so on the same level as my own that it was weird to me how well we understood each other and how deeply our relationship developed in a relatively short period of time. Funnily enough he is also mistaken as gay on a regular basis.

Thanks for a great show. I am so impressed with how VIP has taken off and really opened up a new world for us fans. Can't wait for more