View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
She thinks that threat is never entirely absent. I might be a little clueless in seeing signs of the "threat". Meaning the woman probably does have some other feelings, but I'm content with the level of the relationship. As I get older I do find it harder to believe anyone is interested. Not impossible, but harder.
So what you're saying is that your wife thinks that every woman who speaks to you is attracted to you on some level? Or any woman that you have any degree of closeness with?
It's nice to have a wife that thinks so highly of you. Not saying that you aren't attractive, but no one can be attractive to EVERYONE.
And that's not even to mention the fact that you are happy and not interested in any of these people, so even if someone WANTED to act on their feelings with you, they couldn't because you wouldn't.
Which means there is no threat, pretty much ever.
I'm not trying to talk you into having sexual conversations with every female friend you have, but I feel like it's much safer than your wife imagines (if the situation is being fairly characterized here).

Quote:
By the way, this happened the last time I saw you. I was talking to a woman and I don't feel this woman had any interest in me other than our discussion. However, when the conversation was over a got "a look" from my wife. And I gave her a "huh? " look back.
And your interpretation is that your wife believes that woman wanted you? And that you, in your relationship obligation to her, should have NOT had that conversation?

Quote:
I think you make a good point here. How do I really know? I guess I just don't feel like the relationship is on that level. I guess I could test those waters.
I think you could!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote