View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
littlp
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Holy shit this show made me physically nauseous due to the memories it brought back. I can relate a lot to Diana Oh with the exception of my father ever apologizing for what he did. I did my damnest to not 'provoke' him and tried to shield my siblings. I did not relate to being able to physically stand up to him because he is huge and we were literally feared for our lives. Why am I still in contact with him? We had a falling out where he acted like an idiot and I made it known that either he stops the physical and emotional abuse, he will not have a relationship with me. Since then he seems to respect me more and has helped me out financially (i.e.helping with mortgage when I was diagnosed with cancer and physically unable to work for a few months back in 2010). I have mostly forgave him but I can never ever forget.

Great episode though. I loved how Diana said "Are we in a therapy session?" Chemda has such a great rapport with the guests when she interviews them where she is able to get the necessary information but also exudes a gentle and genuine warmth and caring. It really is remarkable and I 100% feel that this show should be up for more prestigious awards. It is as good as This American Life, except better due to the personal feel of each story.