View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
shoebootie
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

don't give them your account info!

I just heard the part of the show where the "utilities worker" was annoyed that Chemda didn't have/know her account number... this is a scam. It happened in my apartment building. Someone official enough comes over and says something like "do you want to switch to cleaner energy, it will not affect your cost" or "I'm from the electric company, we need to update your account info." They're scammers... they get a commission for each person they switch over to their electric provider ... I'm not sure about it precisely, but what tipped me off was the fact that the person coming door to door in my apartment building didn't have the customer's info and was irritated they didn't have the info at hand and asked for a utility bill.

Be careful of this stuff, anyone asking for your info. They say it won't affect your bill, but it usually does. They are not altruistically trying to help the environment, and if you really are interested in switching energy providers there are more legit ways to do it online.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote