View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
violachick8
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I really didn't intend for the post mentioned on the show to convey that I'm not totally excited to get married to my wondrous partner. I totally absolutely am but getting there is a to-do for me specifically. I have an anxious personality and an important event such as this with so many details quickly has become a lightening rod for some of my neuroses. The other important factor is that I'm planning a unique wedding from across the country. This means that most trips back home are days completely filled with appointments. It very quickly becomes tiring to say the least. Many people that surround the wedding industry are full of shit and are willing to exploit a bride's ignorance. This is the absolute nonsense I was speaking of. The unique wedding part is frustrating because its a different vision so I get many a look after I share my ideas. It's going to be what I want to eventually but having to look through so many people to find someone who is able to understand and provide what I'm looking for is tough. I'm not doing a whole bunch of traditional parts of the ceremony and reception so explaining my reasons over and over again gets frustrating too.
I know this probably doesn't matter to most everybody but I wanted a chance to clarify and express how over the moon I am to have found somebody as wonderful as I have. He is a complete partner for me and I am blissed out at the thought of having the rest of my life with him. I am excited to get married to him even if the planning process can be frustrating.