View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
hiromiyamoto27

At the start of the episode I thought it would be really fun to have my chart read, but as the whole thing dragged on, I just found it to be really annoying. While some of the things that Jordan said were very specific to Chemda, I feel as though most of them could describe anyone, and that many described myself, and I'm a Gemini. Now, having listened to the whole thing, I do know that there could be any number of things in my chart that could tell me where I've gone astray, but I think that Carl Sagan put it best:

"How could the rising of Mars at the moment of my birth affect me, then or now? I was born in a closed room - light from Mars couldn't get in. The only influence of Mars that could affect me is its gravity, but the gravitational influence of the obstetrician is much more massive than that of Mars."

(The full clip where he says this can be found here, if you have eight minutes and a tolerance for cheesy VFX from the '80s).

This is the only What's My Name episode that I didn't like and I hope that this is not the new standard. Once again, I do like that we got to see more of Chemda herself, but not of the Astrology medium.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote