View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
lalalemon
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

12: Now I Know My Abc's.

One of the best episodes yet.

Transfer students do it better, guys- but starting out I was probably THAT roommate: coming in drunk at all hours, passing out wherever I landed, constantly puking or having phone sex with my bf in our adjacent bathroom. Getting arrested and then disappearing for a week in shame with no explanation...Those first two years really brought out the crazy in me. So I moved home, switched to the local University, graduated with a BS in communications and am now going to grad school for something that has nothing to do with most of what I studied in undergrad.

I'm just starting the 2nd year of a 3 year graduate program for speech language pathology. By the time I graduate in 2015, I'll have over 80k (probably closer to 90 if I'm honest) of student debt. Salaries in my field top out around 70-80k. Less depending on where you live.

Luckily -hopefully- I have really good job prospects once I graduate and complete my clinical fellowship, but my debt feels so overwhelming. I feel like ill be living in my parents' house until I'm 30

Last edited by lalalemon; 09-04-2013 at 10:15 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote