View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post

What does the world look like to those who don't want to know? Is it just the here and now? What does the past look like?
this is dumb. that i didn't want to bury myself further in debt to take broad math and science courses that don't apply to my career isn't my giving no fucks about how the world works. i'm an artist. that curiosity comes natural and often. i also have google and MIT OpenCourseWare.

we give ourselves far too little credit in our current abilities to educate ourselves outside traditional systems. you can find and work your life tools for less than 5 figures. the scientific method ain't that big a secret.

you also don't need a semester in thermodynamics to understand we live in a causal universe and that time moves forward one way. we innately understand those things. if you so choose, you can find big words for that, further explanatory writings, and chances are somebody in the world who'd be willing to explain the hard parts to you for less than the price of a car; more than likely, even less than the cost of a text book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 09-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote