View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hennessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
There was a mention of why needing math or science, but it is basis of much of our world. I've always wanted to know how the world works and the broad basis of education from humanities to sciences provide tools to for me to examine the various systems.

What does the world look like to those who don't want to know? Is it just the here and now? What does the past look like?

Yes I totally agree. But the type of math they're forcing us to learn is complete bullshit. It doesn't relate to the world and the base material of what we're made of. It relates to a text book and theorems and algebraic expressions that calculate nonsense. Or if it isn't nonsense then tell me HOW it matters. WHY it matters. Teach us about the super string theory and why all math is part of it and why this connects us all! Teach us about the perfect number and how every single natural thing in life is made of it and how THAT is Devine intelligence!!

What the fuck is A+B pathagorean theorem bullshit? Then don't teach us calculator math, teach us fuckin physics and build from there!

The only time we get math classes which are helpful after 5th grade are the ones we CHOOSE (maybe) but only if its part of our major. Stupid.

If you want to learn real world life mathamatics, look around, research it. Drop acid. Whatever! But it ain't gon' be learned in no pre-req or required class.