View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sparrow

love. love! love this. producing /is/ a big ole wide swath of doin's.

i started because i wanted to put on these shows/concerts/parties/galleries in my brain and it was me and bear by ourselves to do the work. apparently that's a thing with a name. it's not a lot different to me than my puppetry or papercraft; it's a medium and a tool in the ole belt.

spent the last several summers in residency designing for community story plays and living at our producer's house; watched her day to day gather and tie the threads that created these fucking fantastic NEA granted theater pieces. there's not much better an education than getting your hands dirty with a master.

watched chemda do the same every day for over five years: wanted to do a something; figured it out and got it done. take risks. try. it's ok not to know something; you can find the right person and ask the right questions. don't fear your ambition; ride it. seek and take opportunity. /work/ /fucking/ /hard./ find and harness good, competent staff. trust your gut and your ability.

my first gig was a regular girl's night at a toy store and now i've got a company and staff. do what you say you're going to do. it's easy. had a mega big moment last week when two of my people got jobs because they were seen while doing our do. amazing. affirming.

now, if /i/ could stop paying dues and make some money, that would be super. #successful #stillhungry

p.s. my musicians /always/ get paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 09-25-2013 at 01:07 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote