Thread: 50: Transmen
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
jesikat
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
You missed my point. I mean no disrespect.

My point was aimed at transparency. "What/ Where did you come from?"

Anyone can 'get' Lauren. He's completely honest and transparent. I just didn't feel Kit was. Am I totally alone in this or are other people scared to say so because they would hate to offend Chemda or the guest?

I agree with what you are saying and refrained from commenting because I didn't want it to be taken negatively.

I felt like when Chemda mentioned the word "off-putting" in my mind, I went "Yes! This guest is being extremely off-putting!"
It was frustrating for the guest to be a bit shut down and refusing to answer certain questions.
I understand you want to change the game. I understand you want to be outside of the box. I understand you don't want to attribute a certain sex/gender identity.

But if you came on a podcast to talk about gender and sex, you can't ignore certain things. You can't pretend the whole outside world is a certain way, and you have to understand that to be open and honest about the topic, then the audience has to have a reference point to identify with you. Or they get lost. Or they stop caring. Or it becomes off-putting.

Although I found that frustrating, I really enjoyed Lauren's discussion on this episode and did not want to necessarily bring up those other points as to not offend Chemda, for the most part. I think she does a great show and her guests are normally SO amazing that I wish most shows were twice as long because they always leave me wanting more!

_@_/
(Offline)   Reply With Quote