Thread: 50: Transmen
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesikat View Post
if you came on a podcast to talk about gender and sex, you can't ignore certain things. You can't pretend the whole outside world is a certain way, and you have to understand that to be open and honest about the topic, then the audience has to have a reference point to identify with you. Or they get lost. Or they stop caring. Or it becomes off-putting.
Exactly! I WANTED to hear Kit's story, but he shut Chemda down. This had TWO serious adverse reactions:

1) I as a listener am totally lost. Is Kit a person who was born into a female body, but identifies male? Is this what a trans man is?

2) You just scolded Chemda, the interviewer, the person fans like and trust. You didn't attempt to tell her how to word it. You didn't add humor. You were simply short and confusing as fuck. Granted, I'm sure Kit's feelings get hurt when faced with the reality of his situation. That's real sad and all, but toughen up, man! You're going into an interview about your sexuality. Your...sexuality is gonna come up!

This was a great show, but let's face it, Kit as a guest could have been more open and less defensive.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote