View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Barker
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I was born and raised Mormon and have done a ridiculous amount of reading doctrinal talks/commentaries. I'm currently technically still Mormon, but am more progressive than most. So if any of you have questions let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability and tell you if I don't know the answer.

To answer seamus' question. It depends on the town and the people. A lot of them get along fine and it's just like any other community. But sometimes the Mormon's are pushy about their religion and try to legislate their beliefs onto others.
Other times the minority groups like to blame all of their problems on the Mormons, but that case is the minority. Sadly a lot of Mormons feel like they can legislate their morality onto others.

Invader: Mormons can have soda. Church Headquarters issued a statement about it last year. A lot of more zealous (crazy) Mormons tried to extrapolate that not drinking coffee meant all caffeine is bad and forbidden by God. That's not the case, but unfortunately for the mainstream Mormons, it's the crazy minority of every religion that usually gets heard.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote