Thread: 1891: Playboy
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #77 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
have you addressed /how/ to prevent pregnancy?
Dude. She's only 11. I don't know though maybe it's time. She's going thru puberty and about to rag out any minute. And she talks about boys now.

It's weird cuz as you grow up you make a list of how your parents fucked up. Then you become a parent...and realize , "Fuck man this is harrrrd"

I like the 'daughter date' thing idea. We go out to her favorite Chinese restaurant. We go to Animeals, (this cat rescue place ) and we go to Barnes and Nobles and read Simpsons comic books and stuff.

I have no life. The one benefit is when I spend time with my daughter; it's real time. I'd even go so far as to say she confides in me more than her mom. I do parent her though.

The one thing I wish all parents would do is have them TELL their kid WHY they are parenting them. I have literally told my daughter "Hey look, I went thru this stuff so you don't have to. It' sliterally my job to tell you things. Then when you're 18 you do whatever you want.

I see more parents 'yell things' at kids then 'parentingly tell them things. It's important that kids understand why you tell them. Not being an idiot helps too. If your kid doesn't respect you; it's game over.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote