Thread: 1891: Playboy
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #99 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
Fuck being your kid's friend. this is why the gap between generations is now 14-18 years when it used to be 20-30+ yrs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the correlation between these kids getting handed everything to them by their friend/parents and then can't do shit on their own without being coddled or autocorrect.
I completely agree that parents should be your parents not your friends but I have no clue where you get the idea that the generation gap is getting smaller? Unless that is a USA specific statistic (and I really hope that the teen pregnancy rate is not that horrible yet) people are getting married and having babies later in life than ever before in history.
Not only that also the gap between generally more conservative old and more liberal young people has been getting more pronounced. Yes some of us 30 something's feel like we never really grew up but I am pretty sure a normal teenager thinks I am a boring old dinosaur with no clue what is hip.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote