Thread: 1891: Playboy
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #104 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
just an example, but you can GTS as Lauren would say!
Thanks for that I think it's a super interesting topic and I did a quick wiki check before I posted (because I'm scared of looking stupid) but obviously I mainly thought about age at first birth and didn't even worry about averaging intervals and stuff.
Generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In developed nations the average familial generation length is in the high 20s and has even reached 30 years in some nations.[4] Factors such as greater industrialisation and demand for cheap female labour, urbanisation, delayed first pregnancy and a greater uncertainty in relationship stability have all contributed to the increase of the generation length from the late 18th century to the present.

Also your teenager pregnancy problem does seem to be way worse than I thought so you just get a low average age of first mothers in the US.
http://www.oecd.org/social/family/SF...d%20240212.pdf
Avg age of women at first birth USA: ~25, OECD avg: ~28, big western European countries avg ~30
(Offline)   Reply With Quote