Thread: 50: Transmen
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was an idiot (more than usual I mean) for waiting so long to hear this one, not least because I would have nominated the heck out of it for the KATGuhs. This was one of the best spin-off episodes of any year. Even future years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
You missed my point. I mean no disrespect.

My point was aimed at transparency. "What/ Where did you come from?"

Anyone can 'get' Lauren. He's completely honest and transparent. I just didn't feel Kit was. Am I totally alone in this or are other people scared to say so because they would hate to offend Chemda or the guest?
I don't think you were wrong to react like that Piff, and I was bummed out by that specific moment too, but I thought a couple of hiccups like that aside, Kit also did bring things to the table.

To me it felt like at least part of Kit's inability to match Lauren's level of openness and articulateness was to do with Lauren being incredible more than it was Kit being lacking. It's like, Canelo Alvarez is great, but you put him in there with Floyd and he looks ordinary. Lauren is the champ when it comes to discussing trans matters, and he's so badass there are very few who could keep up, let alone match him.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote