Thread: 1912: Whip It
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

EP: Possible Freak; Certainly Not the Worst

First of all, let me say that I understand deleting posts is obnoxious and a shit bag thing to do. I appreciate that Keith brought it up on the show, (and accept that when you fuck up like I did) you get to have "Hey Piff - try not to delete that" said constantly on these forums. Nothing is more endearing than having one's douchebaggery pointed out - constantly

When it comes to the AV Club thing, at least let me explain myself, (this seems a bit late as Keith already made me out to be an asshole on this episode.

I could not believe that AV Club, (which I enjoy) trashed KATG, (which I love) so I did think it would be a good idea to have FANS get together and do a twitter # campaign. NO ONE AGREED OR ADDED TO THIS IDEA. In fact, Sparrow, (who I respect as like a KATG elder/ super fan) put the kibosh on it. Her argument was "Hey, this is KATG's fight/ business - let's not make it ugly" -this isn't verbatim but the gist and it made sense. I followed her lead and dropped it.

MOST IMPORTANTLY NEITHER KEITH NOR CHEMDA commented on the AV CLub post. Neither gave the 'go ahead' nor even hit the 'Like' button on any of these ideas. So...I'm not going to talk for the show! I'm just some fan. So when the owners of the business do not give the 'go ahead' , the fans remain silent, and the only voice is "Hey chill out - this isn't our fight" and gets dropped.

I feel like it's bullshit Keith says I didn't write anything. I wrote like a 6 paragraph commentary on the AV Club vs KATG episode forum. All he had to do was say "Hey, this sounds good to me - why don't you send this?" He didn't even 'Like it.' If there's no 'Go Ahead' from Keith or Chemda, I'm not going to do anything. I'm not KATG public relations...! (I'd also like to note that when Keith finally did get on the forum and ask for fans to go comment on 2 articles: I did.

I would love to help promote the show and I do. Keith didn't mention I tweeted the last guest: Jackie Kashian. I tweet A LOT of guests. I comment on iTunes. I put up stickers, (admittedly Montana is a less than desirable spot but hey it's where I live) I vote KATG in podcast contests. I pay for VIP! I encourage others to become VIP! I donated 50 dollars, (not fifty doll hairs, but actual FIFTY dollars to the Marathon...aaaAAAARGGGHH...I SUPPORT THE SHOW!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote