View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Regarding your discussion about not being able to find a man with fulfilling emotional qualities, education / intelligence, and handiness, among many other things. Well...I really lucked out then. If your guy or girl is interested in helping you out or has an interest in working, they will figure out a way to do the drywall (or whatever it may be) somewhat correctly. It takes an interest AND research. It's really not that hard to figure out how to do it...with a little help. Be it from a friend, a hardware store, or Google. There's nothing worse than a person who claims they can't do something and not try at all.

If you're going to live with your parents for a long time, at least learn how to do as many things as possible (including your own laundry) for the duration. I lived with my parents up until my early 20s, and my siblings and I had to do all of our own things (from the mundane cleaning to paying bills). You'll never be completely ready to move out, but you'll be well on your way if parents make it a point not to baby you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote