View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
shoebootie
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe a condo or a townhouse could be a good compromise? That way, any major repairs or changes (like a roof, siding, painting) can be taken care of by the HOA. It can be more apartment-like as far as maintenance goes... there's less construction type projects potentially that you'd have to take care of, usually a smaller yard. It depends where you live and what kind of community you look into.

It's for these reasons that my boyfriend and I will look into a condo or townhouse when it comes to home ownership. I know that I am the more handy one... I bring the toolbox to this relationship! I know what I can and can't do when it comes to home improvement work and what I can count on being able to learn.

And if anyone in Home Depot EVER EVER EEEEVER tried to tell me "this is a project for your boyfriend" when I'm looking for supplies, I'd straight away go to a manager and report that misogynistic bullshit. Women use tools too, dammit.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote