View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
New here

Here's my blowhard amateur head shrinking of Calise.

I think someone in her life blamed her for her own rape or she blamed herself for not stopping it. Because the guilt was too much for her to deal with on top of the rape she told herself, "it's not such a big deal" subconscious reasoning being, "You don't need to feel so guilty bc even if it was your fault that it happened who cares it was no big deal anyway."

But the truth is even if she didn't stop it, even if she told those guys she was older, even if anything else, it was not her fault. I am not saying it was those guys fault, she probably can't forgive herself because she feels she CANNOT blame them (maybe she started the making out first, she never said no etc) so subconsciously if they're not at fault she believes she has to be. But she doesn't have to be.

I hope someone tells Calise she doesn't have to blame them to accept that it was NOT her fault. She can think of it like a car accident where she was too inexperienced a driver to react "correctly" and fast enough. But learning to drive (and starting out inexperienced) is not something to feel guilty about and same with starting going to parties, wanting to start making out, drinking etc. She got into a sexual car accident and she shouldn't feel guilty that she got in the car in the first place.

I graduated psychiatry summa cum laude from a 1 minute movie clip lol

Good Will Hunting - It's Not Your Fault - YouTube
(Offline)   Reply With Quote