View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Sleep paralysis is actually pretty well understood. I use to get it a lot, especially when I was in my early twenties. It does freak you the fuck out if you don't really understand it. But after learning about it, when it did happen it was fairly easy to talk yourself down. Unless of course you chose to ignore the research and think it may actually be alien vets giving you a check up.
I get once in a while, and the chance increases significantly if I sleep on my back. It's scary, but I have it under control. Like you said, I just talk myself out of it. I recognize I can't move at all (my mind is trapped inside my paralyzed body). I convince myself that everything is fine (and it always is), and then I relax and wake up properly some minutes later. I then change my position in bed to decrease the likelihood of getting it a second time in one night. It disturbs sleep and can make a person feel less rested, so it's best to research the condition and try to have it less often.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote