View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
The world needs your writing Danny. Great to hear you're getting some help but watch those medications don't numb your creativity.
Dean, I love you, but this is a ridiculous statement.

Taking anti-depressants will never take away anyone's cynicism or creativity or ability to hate the world.

People who want to get stronger: go to a gym

People who want to get thinner: stop eating fast food

People with an imbalance in brain chemicals: go to mental health provider

Your brain is a giant sack organ of chemicals. Serotonin, dopamine, and others rule your perception of the world. Too much or too little dictate your entire life. If these are out of whack; You. Are. Fucked.

It's incredibly admirable, (and just plain ol adult) that Danny is choosing to address this. To be proactive. To act on an instinct of 'Hey this just doesn't feel right.'

I hate that we buy into this notion of 'organic/ way-we-are-shouldn't be tampered with' mentality. It's faulty thinking and it's dangerous.

You know how meth heads are so strung out on a chemical drug that they're convinced that that reality is real? The same is with your all natural occurring drugs in your brain. These drugs are so powerful that, (just like street drugs) they convince you not stop. Not to change. That the miserable concoction, that is your brain, needs to continue.

Danny, Mean Danny, and all the other characters Danny creates won't go away just because Happy Danny is introduced. They can coexist.

Good for Danny. Honestly though, I would have kept the beard
(Offline)   Reply With Quote