View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dean from Australia
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I discovered the show in 2005. I had just gotten high speed internet connected at my house and for a few weeks before I was browsing podcasts in anticipation of getting connected finally and being able to download some decent media. I had happened across your show listed in some directory and I liked the sound of it, so bookmarked the page.

When I got the confirmation that my DSL was up, first thing I did was download episode one and I still have that first episode all these years later - complete with Chemda's song at the end.

All the truly wonderful moments of my life since then have had Keith and the Girl as the soundtrack. You were there when I collected the keys to my house that I built in 2005. You were there when both my children were born. You were there during the many sleepless nights when I was writing my first novel and I was stuck for inspiration. You were there at some of the lowest times of my life too - when my first marriage fell over and I lost everything and I felt as though my world was crumbling down around me. When I didn't know where to turn, there was you.

There has always been some message I have been able to glean from you - something that I can use to reorient myself.

You have taught me to be a better lover, a better husband, a better father and a better human being.

Two days ago, I received a call from my Mum to tell me that my Uncle had taken his own life. In the darkness of that moment, of trying to comprehend it - fuck it - there was you. The earphones go in, the theme strikes up and there is perspective. There is a break from the turmoil.

My dream is to one day tell you in person what you have meant to me over all these wonderful years. For now though - "you are my morning, noon and evening jest. My working week and my Sunday rest."

L'Chaim.

Dean from Australia.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 03-08-2014 at 12:53 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote