Thread: 1977: Mama Mia
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Mark Sandiego

I have the Beats wired headphones (as opposed to earphones). I picked them up used on ebay about a year ago for about $100. They do noise cancel pretty nicely, have pretty good range and bass, and they fold up for travel. They also have a microphone with sound adjustment on the cable. The cable also detaches from the headphones which helps when you catch the cable on things. I wouldn't pay $400, but I do think they have enough quality and bells and whistles to make it worthwhile to buy them at or under $100. My only complaint is they press a little too tightly on your ears which can begin to hurt after awhile.

In regards to volunteering and your friends paying you to do laps or other strange things rather than just give money to research, that was a Doug Stanhope bit. I just watched it on Netflix. He also talks about how ridiculous it is for people to be out 'raising awareness' when instead they can be out taking action themselves. His example is a guy and a dog with broken bones lying in a ditch and someone just pointing at them and shouting rather than actually doing something. He sort of has a point.

Last edited by Mark Sandiego; 05-19-2014 at 02:12 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote