View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
shoebootie
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First of all, Days of Future Past was the first X-Men movie I've seen AND I FRIGGIN LOVED IT. I even thought "you know, I bet Keith liked this movie, it did not make a mockery of time travel."

Secondly, kudos to Aldo for sticking up for himself and airing it out. It's so easy to feel like the asshole when you're the one who's owed something, for whatever reason. My jaw dropped at $3,000 but at $6,000 that is like.... you really could take her to court for all this, 3 or 6 grand.

I can't say I'd call Patrice a friend, since I never met her. I internet-liked her and was a big fan. But every single time we were supposed to meet or get together, something would come up. She opted into things she didn't have to and stood me up. She didn't have to say yes! I wasn't twisting her arm! Like the couple times I put feelers out on twitter to see if any of my friends were interested in Friendsgiving (day after thanksgiving friend meal get-together), and she said yes, she'd make it and give her directions/travel instructions to Jersey... I was like wow that's cool, the more the merrier. I was inviting this wacko into my home before I knew she was a wacko, but I guess it's good she didn't come, because maybe she'd never leave.

She didn't come, I got a flaky text about it. I felt bummed out at the time, which was way before any of this drama came to light. I thought she was a really cool person from online and KATG and was really excited. Then to explain to my friends that no, Patrice wasn't coming (and again, twice after that when she RSVP'd/flaked for other things)...

When she didn't go to the KATG live show in November 2012, I asked her why she didn't come, and she said how her brother's birthday last minute blah blah blah, and I WANTED to say "how is someone's birthday last minute, it's the same damn day every year!" But whatever, she was reaching for excuses. Whether it be stage fright or no money or whatever her problem is.

The pathological lying, combined with money-borrowing and simultaneously bragging about how she's rollin in dough from her many shady jobs.. all of it together is sad that she feels like this is what she needs to do to gain friends, when in reality she's lost friends and gotten a bad rap as a scam artiste.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote