View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Sean Othan

I'm so glad to finally know what the fuck went down Patrice. I never would have guessed she was a narcissistic sociopath from listening to the show. (She always sounded like she would be so much fun to be around).

(Yes, I'm getting around to a VIP subscription)

I dated one once, many years ago. Found out before I dumped him that he had used my credit and debit card, cheated on me left and right, left his old roomies high and dry while making up some story when moving in with me.. I bought all the groceries, paid the bills, and it was always "I'll pay you my share as soon as I can" .. and I believed it for so long, feeling so much (like Aldo said) like a chump, wondering how I could be so dumb. Lasted longer than it should have, but it was my first real relationship so I had the whole naive thing to deal with..

I'm not a shrink, so here's some NS traits shared by Patrice and my skank whore ex. Think it's pretty spot on:

Glib and superficial charm. The tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Sociopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A sociopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

Grandiose self-worth. A grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Sociopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

Pathological lying. Can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

Conning and manipulative. The use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain.

Shallow affect. Emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

Parasitic lifestyle. An intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

Irresponsibility. Repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

(Shamelessly copied and pasted from some site claiming to know the signs) : Identifying a Narcissistic Sociopath | Paula's Pontifications
(Offline)   Reply With Quote