View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
TeddyPicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You're saying that Don made up the amnesia story and made up that his wife tricked him into thinking he was a different kind of person (which of course he did). I don't care what confusion he was going through, that makes him an asshole.

He has 3 children, but still the only excuse he can come up with was to put blame on the wife?

And then not take the blame back when he flip-flopped again?

Fuck him. She's a shithead. (I said 'she.' See how progressive I am?)

When I made jokes about Casey Kasem, I wasn't picking on all DJs. I was picking on Casey. When I make jokes about Don/Dawn, I'm not picking on all transgenders. I'm picking on this freak.
Definitely agree with you on the asshole front. Throwing your wife under the bus because you're feeling shitty is no excuse.

I think the thing that got to me was more that there is already a fairly prevalent stereotype that transgender people are confused and flip-flop on their identity, to push a story like this reinforces that. Unlike racism or even sexual identity, people are so unfamiliar with trans* issues, that simple, singular stories like this do a lot more damage than other 'oh what a fucking idiot example of X' stories that are also on the show.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote