View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tulipaloozi
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

2016: Shake It Off

Well, I'll admit, I've never been to either Hooters or to a strip club so you got me there! Haha.

I didn't intend for my comment to sound like I was stating harassment has never happened at a Hooters. That'd be dumb to think, especially since harassment could happen anywhere.

In Idaho, (among other places I'd imagine) there are coffee shops where the baristas wear nothing but bikinis while on the job. Should they be surprised if/when they're groped as well? It's not the same environment as a strip club, or even Hooters, but the company is using sex to sell their products just as much has the other two companies. What differentiates all three of these occupations from not being surprised when they're harassed? What if it happened to a female lifeguard or personal trainer?

I'm really not trying to argue or start shit with you Keith, or anyone for that matter. I'm just curious if every job that requires a woman to wear a revealing uniform to work falls in the same category as the Johnny Utah's situation or if the lack of surprise when harassment occurs only pertains to women who work at a strip club.

Last edited by Tulipaloozi; 07-21-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: im dumb!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote