View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
This whole thing seems to be a big misunderstanding because both Keith and Chemda are right. Here's how I see how this happened using a different, less controversial news story.

1) Keith brought up a news story where the cable company was being sued because their costumer service was bad.
2) Keith then made the point that if you call the cable company and didn't expect to get bad customer service you were stupid.
3) Chemda and half the audience then got upset with Keith because they decided his saying "you should expect bad costumer service" is the same as saying the cable companies should be providing bad customer service.
In reality Keith was actually saying "You shouldn't be surprised, but the cable companies SHOULD change and that a lawsuit is a good thing.
I don't think I could still be a fan of this show if I actually believed Keith was a complete sexist asshole but he sure likes to rile us up with clever wordplay (as is his job)

But he absolutely does phrase his words deliberately shitty and unfortunately there are lots of super dumb idiots out there that won't recognize subtleties so I'd rather he speak out about this topic as clearly and unmistakable as he has about other topics.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote