View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Gallagher had a brother too. I'm always amazed when I hear about famous comedians who have brothers that are also comedians. It just seems odd to me.

Chris Rock's Bring the Pain album is legendary. How do you sit down and write when your brother already made such an impact on the world of comedy? Also, shouldn't that push you to be even greater? I couldn't hear the want in Jordan's voice. It didn't sound like he had any passion for comedy.

I picture Mama Rock calling Chris on the daily. "Don't forget to take your brothers out on the road and give them work opening and middling..."

What a rough life. Just constantly in your famous brother's shadow.
So he's not allowed to do comedy because his brother got there first? Is it really so bad if his brother inspired him to go out and pursue the same career? Is he a failure if he never surpasses his brother - one of the biggest comedy success stories of his generation? I understand that being Chris Rock's brother means some doors are going to open for you, and with that you can expect some criticism, but it seems like you're holding Jordan to ridiculous expectations.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote