View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 03:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
PsychoLoco
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Intensity is a matter of perception. I think people perceive Chemda as intense because of a quality she has that makes her a great interviewer and show host: she picks up on things and asks the right questions. When Chemda does it so matter-of-fact, it makes people do an internal reality check and ask themselves if their thoughts and feelings are so obvious to other people. I could see how it would be unnerving. It would be like playing chess and thinking several moves ahead, but all of the sudden the board changes immediately to several moves in the future. There's a "how the hell did I to this point in the conversation so fast" moment.

Keith gets into this mode too, but he puts on a show in MNIK by adding alcohol and yelling. His guests end up divulging the same information, it's just a more theatrical process. People also don't call him out as intense when he's yelling because they think it's a character. Keith talking to Eats Paste for cheating on the stand-up vote was uber intense, and it was magnified because he did it in such a calm, straight forward manner.