View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 02:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dean from Australia
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Listening to the latest developments in the ongoing saga that is Amanda Bynes, I was compelled to go to the news feeds to see where we're exactly at with Amanda-world.

I'm seeing reports that she has issued an apology for what she said in the recording and she has acknowledged (for the first time??) that she has a problem. The following statement was released by her management roughly 13 hours ago as I'm typing this;

"I am truly sorry for the statements I made. I am sorry for any pain I caused my family and others. I am thankful for everyone's patience and understanding. I never expected others to take advantage and profit from my condition. I'm disappointed with those who lulled me into a false sense of security only to find out they really are only interested in selling my privacy to the media."

It is clear to me that Ms. Bynes is seriously mentally ill and the recording carries all the hallmarks of rants I've heard dozens of times before from restrained patients in the E.R.'s in which I have worked. They are utterances from someone who has clearly shattered and it is going to take a monumental regimen of institutionalized therapy and care to repair the broken glass.

The profit driven rock spiders and hangers-on she has surrounded her with are only exacerbating her situation and I fear it will be a matter of time before she winds up dead in a ditch. It is too reminiscent of Brittany Murphy.

I only have a passing awareness of Amanda Bynes work. I've seen a couple of her movies and it seemed to me that she had a lot of talent and potential, moreso than a few of her contemporaries.

I really hope somebody swoops in and pulls her out of the shit stained hole she has fallen into.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 11-18-2014 at 03:03 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote