View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The way Keith talked about it rubbed me the completely wrong way and to be perfectly honest (as much as I am convinced both you and Keith are perfectly decent guys) you immediately jumping in with "the females in the room twisted his words around" is not helping at all.

We were asked to just trust Keith that he saw evidence for Pat doing shit and most people were (rightly) saying that the girls in question shouldn't have to provide proof.
But in the Ben case where there is similar amounts of hearsay Keith and you both outright and immediately jumped to "unless there is hard evidence I choose to believe this dude is a saint"

You fucking made me wiki that Ben dude and even if he may not have raped anybody he probably is a creep sometimes:
- "Roethlisberger was be suspended without pay for the first six games of the 2010 season due to a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy."
- "Furthermore, the accuser wrote to the D.A. through her lawyer expressing she no longer wanted to pursue criminal charges[15] because the level of media attention would make a criminal trial too "intrusive" of a personal experience. "
isn't that the EXACT same reason why the girls in Pats case don't wanna talk and we were all (the non-idiots at least) perfectly fine with it?

If you ask me its at least likely that Ben is just is clever enough to not get filmed hitting women and has his bodyguards and lawyers on quick damage duty. Also if things were settled out of court there will not be evidence because the main purpose of that settlement is often to have a nondisclosure agreement to make sure that no proof gets anywhere.

TLDR the discussion sounded weird to me and "sounding weird" is not something I can empirically proof or defend

Last edited by Lanfear; 11-18-2014 at 09:55 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote