View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #57 (permalink)
picard102

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
From a numbers game, terrorism is actually very very very very very very very very very very small in the U.S. Particularly if you are only talking about foreign terrorists as nearly all terrorism in the U.S. is domestic.
I actually don't care about foreign terrorism. But I do think that interest or concern for it has waned enough that it creates spaces for people to look for new issues to take up. Like abusing someone for what they wear.

Quote:
Now I don't know what you mean by "Gender Wars" but I'll guess women and men speaking up against rape is part of it. How many people are raped in the U.S.? Is it less or more than victims of terrorists attacks?
Gender Wars is a new thing I guess. I've seen it a lot lately online, and elsewhere. But HuffPo has a section for the term, so I didn't imagine it could be that obscure. But I would classify it as encompassing anything falling under the umbrella of gender based social justice activism.

Quote:
Additionally, it is absurd you pick terrorism as women are speaking up that they don't want to feel terror walking down the street. Is it not worth fighting against if you personally don't feel terror?
Again, I don't care about terrorism all that much, probably because I don't personally feel terror from it. Should people be free to walk the streets without fear, of course. I think you'll find most people would agree, where you find variance is in what people feel others should feel afraid of.

Quote:
If you are going to pick an underfunded and forgotten "war", then why not pick the war on poverty? Is it because you are uncomfortable with facing the darkness in our society and would rather deal with remote boogie men than a neighbor's, friend's, family's, or your cruel treatment of your fellow citizen?
I've donated my services to the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty. That said, even within that I wouldn't say I'm concerned with a war on poverty either. Rather equitable treatment of individuals.

Quote:
I asked a lot of questions there.
Hopefully I've answered them throughly enough for you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote