View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Weird for you, maybe, but I think your whole system is strange.

The experience is about the customer, not the waiter. Obviously people should be nice to each other. If the restaurant has a good system in place for taking orders, who has an easier time separating money owed? Who has access to payment machines? The restaurant. I'm not going to spend extra time figuring out who I owe money to or who owes me money or how many times I'm over-paying. Keep in mind I normally eat and drink less than most of my friends.

There is absolutely no excuse for not being quick when it comes to separating cheques. How come we always get the separated bills within 5-10 minutes here? Modern technology allows waiters to be quicker.

Everyone's relatively cordial, from my experience. Waiters assume everyone wants separate cheques, and ask if you're in a couple. Food usually comes at the same time for the whole group.

It's up to the establishment to change practices if they have a shitty system in place to take orders. We're already tipping at least 15% on everything, and I have no problem with it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote